Research and Technology
In today’s competitive world the next new innovation or process can provide a great potential for a business to succeed, and with today’s connected society technology can greatly influence that innovation.
The Cedar Valley is home to the University of Northern Iowa, and their wealth of research and technology resources that businesses are able to access unique entities inside the institution that could benefit an organization’s business goals.
- National Ag-Based Industrial Lubricants Center (NABL) — Established in 1991, NABL is recognized nationally as a technical service organization offering closed-loop expertise focusing on bio-based lubricants The Center is one of the best equipped vegetable oil-based lubricant and grease-testing facilities in the county and has the distinction of being the National Testing Center for bio-based industrial lubricants which sets the national industry standards.
- Metal Casting Center - The center is a nationally recognized leader in foundry research, applied technology and technical business assistance.
- Recycling and Reuse Technology Center (RTTC) - Assists Iowa manufacturers in the research and development of products containing recycled content materials through the Materials Innovation Service (MIS), a program developed in cooperation with Recycle Iowa. MIS assists companies with replacing mainstream materials with new and innovative composites such as cast metal, plastics and bio-materials have affordable access to the latest in mechanical, physical, and chemical properties testing for the purpose of by-product reutilization. Testing services include chemical, mechanical, and physical property tests for a wide range of materials.
The Cedar Valley Region also has strong connections with Iowa State University and University of Iowa. Both universities are located within 90 minutes of the region.
- Iowa State University is recognized both nationally and internationally for its strong programs in agriculture and engineering and in the basic sciences. In recent years, Iowa State has launched bold new research and technology transfer initiatives including agricultural biotechnology, bioinformatics, materials science, food safety, bio-renewables and information sciences. ISU is located in Ames, Iowa.
- The University of Iowa’s research strengths are world-renowned in the health sciences and biosciences, in educational testing and measurement, and in engineering and space exploration. U of I is located in Iowa City, Iowa.
- Toll Free 877.773.9959
- Local & Outside U.S. 319.232.1156
- Fax 319.232.1829
- Inquire Online